ABOUT THE POSITION
Responsible for development,improvement, standardization and training on policies, procedures and required tools for specific manufacturing processes, including plastic injection molding, welding and roll forming, based on process specialization.
Skills and Experiences
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Implement new products and processes into manufacturing
- Develop specifications of primary and secondary equipment and controls
- Manage design and change control of equipment
- Develop and maintain technical user manual for equipment
- Design and layout of processes, including sequence of operation, that incorporate TPS/lean philosophies
- Oversee installation and implementation of new process technologies
- Develop instructions and procedures in support of processes
- Monitor process performance and initiate actions to optimize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Coordinate/facilitate/analyze process design of experiments (DOEs)
- Coordinate process optimization and trial runs
- Manage Process Change System
- Support APQP and VA/VE activities
- Develop expertise and industry knowledge in relevant processes and communicate to the organization as necessary.
- Provide launch support to manufacturing facility(ies)
- Develop appropriate APQP documentation in support of the Shape launch process, i.e., control plan, process sheet, PFMEA, etc
- Maintain records as required by quality system
- Participate as member of the program management team
- Participate in DVP&R, DFMEA, and PFMEA development meetings
- Provide input and support for tool designs and development
- Additional duties as assigned by the supervisor, not otherwise specified in this position description.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Preferred; Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical degree in related field of study.
- 5 + years of experience in a related field
- Experience with conducting DOE
- Fundamental understanding of statistics (SPC, etc.)
- Familiar with Six Sigma process
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.