Develop welding / cutting techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of manufacturing specifications. Provide day to day support on the manufacturing floor with continuous improvement activities.
Skills and Experiences
- Responsible for safety in process design and in the execution of daily activities.
- Ensure compliance of practices, procedures and instructions relative to applicable corporate standards (ISO, TS, etc).
- Ensure quality outputs from daily activities.
- Use of proper data collection and analysis to ensure provided information is supported with data that reinforces the stated output.
- Coordinate/facilitate/analyze process design of experiments (DOE’s).
- Ensure timely execution of planned activities.
- Provide process design and improvements in a cost efficient manner.
- Proficient in completing cost justifications with acceptable ROI.
- Provide expertise with GMAW, GTAW and RSW.
- Build manufacturing welding equipment that meets product design.
- Read and interpret CAD data, blueprints, GD&T, CMM reports, customer weld specifications.
- Set weld parameters and follow up with weld testing to meet or exceed customer specifications.
- Robot programming to support all Shape facilities and suppliers during the build process.
- Good working relationship and effective communication skills with vendors, team members, suppliers and project teams.
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.