ABOUT THE POSITION
Responsible for the set up and operation of roll forming mill(s), while meeting all required safety and productivity requirements, ensuring quality of production parts.
Skills and Experiences
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Operate, including the start up, production and shut down of the rolling mill
- Perform quality required checks including first piece part (green tag part)
- Utilize hand measuring tools including:
- Tape measure
- Feeler gages
- Weld coil ends together using tungsten inert gas welding (or other means if required by the job and/or work center)
- Set and adjust roll pressure as required
- Perform required preventative maintenance
- Set shut height on the pre-pierce press and make proper adjustments to flying die
- Demonstrate proficiency on inline welders if applicable to your area or cross-section(s)
- Install and place mandrels according to set-up charts
- Demonstrate proficiency sweeping parts to specification and fine-tuning mandrel.
- Perform cutoff blade, die steel, side cam and other perishable cutoff tooling replacements as required
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot the following: twist, SPC issues, length and centering issues, cross-section dimensional issues
- Function as a member of a team, working to proactively solve problems maintain and improve safety and meet production standards
- Communicate clearly and proactively with leaders and co-workers to ensure production goals are met
- Additional functions, not specifically outlined in this position description, as directed by the leader
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Previous experience with roll mills or demonstrated mechanical aptitude and/or maintenance experience with manufacturing machinery preferred
- General computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Applications (e.g. word, excel, outlook, etc).