ABOUT THE POSITION
Supporting and improving the design and efficiency of equipment, processes and systems through the use of sound engineering practices which includes the implementation of lean manufacturing practices. Troubleshooting and problem solving, often times as a leader with advanced knowledge, to correct manufacturing inefficiencies, processes and systems when there are failures.
Skills and Experiences
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Design safety guarding in tandem with personnel in the safety department.
- Design and acquire equipment that meets corporate Safety standards
- Work in conjunction with tooling engineers and various levels of manufacturing associates to improve a variety of equipment, including but not limited to: dies, mills, molds, secondary equipment, presses and specialized equipment
- Troubleshoot ergonomic issues and facilitate a permanent solution for the given situation and like future situations
- Champion and leader for lean manufacturing principles
- Actively participate in ongoing Problem Solving Processes (CAR’s and Basics).
- Accommodate production demands by ensuring tests, studies and implementation of new systems do not hinder runs in production
- Provide additional troubleshooting support during production fluxuations as needed by facility
- Develop work instructions for machines and production operations
- Review, update and implement safety, process and continuous improvement suggestions generated by the associates
- Additional functions not outlined in this position description, as directed by the supervisor
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Bachelors of Science in Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Experience in an automotive related field preferred.
- Certified Manufacturing Engineer preferred.