ABOUT THE POSITION
Responsible for ensuring quality parts are produced and/or assembled by conducting visual inspection and gauge inspection of parts produced by a welder, press, mill or other production process while meeting production rates or efficiency requirements.
Skills and Experiences
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Perform production and/or assembly of parts in a safe manner adhering to all safety policies.
- Continue the production of parts through the operations required of a welding, press, mill or assembling process.
- Distinguish and correct, as needed, the quality of a welded, milled, pressed or assembled part.
- Pack parts into various containers as specified by a standard.
- Perform required Plex functions including: creation/printing of tags, production recording etc.
- Adhere to and maintain 5S and lean manufacturing standards.
- Function as a member of a work team by contributing and initiating quality, safety and productivity ideas.
- Train co-workers on manufacturing skills as required.
- Communicate appropriately to avoid unplanned downtime, inform other shifts of problems, trends, etc.
- Inform the leader of maintenance needs.
- Additional functions, not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Successful completion with a passing score of the Manufacturing Tech course
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- General computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Applications (e.g. word, excel, outlook, etc).