Support the manufacturing groups through machine design and process improvement activities relating to electrical components and processes.
Skills and Experiences
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Completion of at least one year of coursework toward obtaining a Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Software.
- Familiarity with AutoCad (2-D) software is preferred.
- Previous electrical related experience and/or courses completed relating to industrial electricity is preferred.
Key Job Functions to be performed during Internship:
- Update electrical schematics using AutoCad and process revisions to machine control systems.
- Become familiar with PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) and Man Machine Interface (MMI) program design.
- Implement PLC and MMI programs using GE Proficy and Allen-Bradley software suites.
- Support maintenance and manufacturing teams to solve electrical problems using troubleshooting skills.
- Become familiar with current specifications outlined in the Shape Corp Tool Quote and Build Manual, as well as with NEC, OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, IEC, RIA, NEMA codes.
- Perform basic robot operation and programming using Fanuc Robotic Control Systems.
- Specify and order electrical parts as needed to complete process improvement projects.
- Learn to apply controls design standards such as 480V - 3 Phase distributions, safety systems, communication wiring and low voltage signal diagrams.
- Obtain basic knowledge of automation devices such as: variable speed drives, sensors, servos, interfaces, I/O actuators and vision inspection.
Opportunities related to the position:
- Electrical engineers at Shape have the opportunity to work in a variety of areas and interact with multiple disciplines on a daily basis.
- In addition to PLC and MMI systems, electrical engineers work with advanced automation technologies such as robotics, vision inspection systems, welding, motion control and data collection systems.
- Challenging environment associated with a tier one supplier.
- Leadership and communications are valued skills in this position.